It doesn’t matter if you are a big corporation or just one man business, or somehow in between you need a marketing plan.
A marketing plan, for online business, needs just to list the strategies that you will implement during the period in question.
It doesn’t have to be a long thought out process. Something quick and simple will do. You just need to have some idea of what your plans are when it comes to marketing your business.
I asked myself the following question for this blog and my weight loss blog: http://easyhcgweightloss.com. What do I want to achieve with both blogs initially? My answers were as follows:
- Quality content to help people
- I need more traffic for that
- How to get that traffic?
Therefore so far my yearly plan is as follows:
- LilianaontheNet.com: I will post a daily business tip in my blog, FaceBook Page, Twitter, and my Google + Page
- EasyHCGWeightLoss.com: I will post daily health tip based on a series of videos, a blog post, a video on YouTube, a tweet and in my Google + Page.
- I will publish a Kindle eBook for the Weight Loss blog.
- I will create my Own Product on an IM Niche to be discussed with my mentor
- I will enter Ultimate Blog Challenge for both blogs and will comment on 4 (2 for each of my own blogs) blogs.
- From the 6th January I will enter Fan Page Challenge for this blog’s page
- Later January: I will enter YouTube Challenge for EasyHCGWeightLoss.com
- I will record my adventures on a Traffic category on this blog.
- I will comment on two blogs from the Partnership to Success Course.
I will start “34 Days to 7000 Daily Visitors Blueprint” as designed by the creator of my favorite spinner: SpinRewriter
That’s is my draft yearly plan and finalised plan for January and February.
Other ways of driving traffic that you should consider are:
- Contests Banners Articles
Please also note that for January and February I am using free ways of driving traffic. Traffic methods are normally classified as free and paid, but in reality both are paid methods as the “free” takes time (a valuable resource).
Your plan should also consider the following:
- What type of analysis will your marketing be subjected to?
- What is the return on investment that you expect and how are you going to monitor it?
- What is your annual internet marketing budget and how will this be divided among the various marketing strategies that you have selected?
Timelines are equally important because they help you to set milestones. Without timelines you are in constant danger or falling behind or getting confused within your plan for Internet marketing. Keep a strict note for dates and time all projects.