What is Split Testing?
A/B Split Testing helps business owners determine which website element is more likely to produce a desired response from their prospects.
You should constantly be trying new things with your landing pages to see what converts and what doesn’t. You could be losing out on major profits if you don’t split test your landing page. The key is to only change one thing at a time.
You can test, for example:
• Two headlines to see which performs better. You simply make two versions of the same page, with the only difference being the headline, so you are more likely to pinpoint EXACTLY what is causing the change in response. The key is to only change one thing at a time.
Some of The Items You Can Test on Your Website
- Headlines Try different versions with a small change to each one
- Subheadlines: Do the same with your subheadlines as you do with your headline.
- Product Offer: Try different calls to action.
- Colors: Test background colors, headline colors, etc. but test one color element at a time.
- Fonts: Test different fonts in headlines and in sales copy text but again, test them one at a time.
- Graphics: Test different product images, guarantee graphics, website images, etc.
- Price: Test different price points for your product.
How you can split test:
You can conduct split-testing through a wide variety of software programs and you may already have some available to you through your shopping cart, your autoresponder and other services.
Use the URL shorteners for free such as bit.ly or goo.gl by setting two different versions of what you are testing.
If not, you can look at a script to help you split test. A good one, not very expensive is the one you can access by pressing the button below
There are many more but the most expensive ones take a lot of learning and this should be undertaken when your business merits it.
Of course, what you test will depend on your unique website but the point is you can discover a great many things by performing simple split tests.
After you have tested different variations of your online advertising, you can quickly determine exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Then you can adjust your online marketing strategy and future advertising.
People have doubled the sales of a product with split testing and concentrating on the best way to present their offer. You could be throwing good money away over and over again on advertising that doesn’t work without split testing.