With the popularity of social media sites we tend to forget, that there is a real world out there where we could promote our online business. I am not saying that the online world is not real but the people we are interacting with are not face to face, no cameras, no microphones and no typing 🙂
Why community service projects?
It is very important to remember that doing community service is not about being charitable it is just about helping the needy. It is also about the health and well being of the people getting involved in community service. It is for the good of the community and the people in it, including you.
Also, do not use it just for networking. You need to give to the community and the chosen service first, networking will come naturally. You don’t need to sell your online business or questions, after you form relationships opportunities to talk about what you do will again come naturally.
What is community service?
- Anything that benefits the community, sometimes it is targeted to just one section of the community.
- Making the parks within the city more attractive.
- Offer your time to one of the Charity stores in your area.
- Painting a neighborhood school, mending fences and tidying the park.
- Local churches often are grateful for any type of help.
- Organizing meal delivery for the sick and infirm in the community.
- Organize a weekend soup kitchen.
- Organize a fitness weekend in a park to highlight the importance of healthy living.
- Assemble backpacks for the needy.
- Collect food donations at local shops for the unemployed and homeless.
- Organize rotas for visiting the elderly daily.
Well I think you get the idea.
You could offer free classes on any niche of the Internet Marketing IM or Make Money Online niches. Offer them to everyone or target your market such as: unemployed, mums, retirees etc.
Eg. Are you an eBay or Amazon expert?
Promotion of you community service event.
- Promote it in your social media accounts.
- Send press releases to local press.
- Print posters and ask local businesses to display them free.
After an online marketing event you’ve created, blog about it. I am sure your readers will learn from your event and will be grateful about the ideas and I am sure many more communities will benefit from similar events.
I am sure it will be so satisfying that you will want to make it a regular event.
Send out press releases about this as well.