Learning anything new in Online Marketing is overwhelming because there is so much information available that you soon become overloaded and then taking action becomes difficult.
Follow these simple steps for writing a good sales copy.
1. Make your site a pleasant experience for your visitors. I’ve noticed that there is a tendency for sales letters and blogs to have:
- Plain site background (years ago it used to be the product/website name repeated on the background).A lot of graphics and not so many words.
- The background of the letter is always white not to distract.
- Your sales letter has to be enticing. Describe the benefits heavily. You need the visitors glued to what you have to sa
2. Give your offer a boost: do not lower your price, give more value by giving people more targeted free offers. We humans are lazy and love solutions to our problems so when someone goes to the trouble of doing it for free we are more likely to download them.
3. Easy to read and digest. As I have said before we tend to be lazy, so break long sentences into short ones and use lots of paragraphs. I’ve read somewhere that you should not have more than 3 sentences per paragraph.
4. Put yourself into your visitors’ shoes: If you cannot see the wow factor in your copy, neither will your visitor.
Review Sales Copy
If you’ve just finished writing the copy for your website, take a break and review it when you feel refreshed. When you’re refreshed, review it in a few different ways:
- Review and edit on your computer.
- Print it out and edit it on paper.
- Print out again and read it out loud. It’s amazing what things stand out when you hear what you’ve written aloud.
- Hire someone else to thoroughly read your copy and ask if they find the offer credible and if they have any unanswered questions. Ask them:
- Did the offer seem credible to you? (Ex. If you’re teaching something, do they feel you are qualified to teach it? Are the claims made believable?)
- Were there any unanswered questions about the product or the offer? If so, what were they?
Latest posts by Liliana (see all)
- Setting Up Your Own Affiliate Marketing Blog - July 8, 2020
- Reviewing Tangible Products as an Affiliate Marketer - July 7, 2020
- Quick Affiliate Marketing Research Tips - July 6, 2020